Dispel the Myths Surrounding the Flu Vaccine
FFF provides complimentary Flu Vaccine Myths & Facts Brochures for our customers to make available to their patients
“I don’t need a flu vaccine because…”
Many people avoid getting a flu vaccine because misinformation steers them away from this important annual preventive vaccine. Considering up to 20 percent of the population contracts influenza (flu) every year, getting a flu vaccine makes good health sense.
Here are some flu facts.
- Many people are unaware that influenza, the flu, is a serious disease. According to the CDC, influenza and pneumonia combined are the eighth leading cause of death in the U.S. and can cause almost as many deaths as AIDS or breast cancer.
- You cannot get the flu from the flu vaccine – it is biologically impossible!
- Influenza strains typically change every year so last year’s vaccine may not protect you from this year’s strains.
- Taking your chances in getting the flu means taking the chance of becoming a carrier and unknowingly spreading the illness.
- Getting a vaccination from December to March can still protect you as flu season generally peaks after January.
- The flu vaccine is for anyone who doesn’t want to be sick or inadvertently spread the illness – not just for the old and very young.
The flu is preventable
Be sure to get vaccinated to keep you and your loved ones flu-free!
Download our Flu Vaccine Myths & Facts Brochure here to help better understand why getting the flu vaccine may be the right choice for you!Order Brochure Download Brochure